Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Homemade tomato soup with a twist.
- 78.07 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped to your liking
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml dill seed
- 4.92 ml dill weed
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 59.14 ml flour
- 822.13 g tomatoes, crushed
- 340.19 g tomatoes, chopped
- 709.77 ml chicken broth
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 473.18 ml cream, room temperature or 473.18 ml half-and-half or 473.18 ml condensed milk
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley
- 118.29 ml honey
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, garlic, dill seeds, dill weeds and oregano and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add both cans of tomatoes, chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Boil then turn down to a simmer.
- Add cream slowly as you stir mixture.
- Add parsley and honey and continue to stir.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
I tossed all the ingredients except the milk & honey in the crockpot on low this morning - came home to the most delicious smell this afternoon. I added the last ingredients and let it simmer while I made grilled chicken melt sandwiches on homemade rye bread. It was the perfect dinner on the eve of one of the worst snowstorms heading our way. Thank you for sharing this recipe, I'm looking forward to leftovers tomorrow during the snowstorm! I will definitely be making this recipe again and I wouldn't change a thing!
I have made this soup many time and have had rave reviews. It is awesome.