Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This a wonderful light tomato bisque recipe taken off the weight watchers site. The recipe is also quick and easy to make. You can add shrimp or crab but if your on weight watchers you will need to adjust the points. This serves 4 and is four points per serving.
- 1 (28 ounce) canof del monte diced tomatoes with basil and oregano, and onion
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 4 ounces light cream cheese
- Puree tomatoes in blender.
- Heat in saucepan until hot. Do not boil!
- Add milk and heat again but don't boil.
- Add cream cheese and whisk until smooth.
I have to admit that as written, this didn't work that well for me ... but it depends entirely on the quality of the canned tomatoes, doesn't it? I used Whole Foods diced tomatoes with basil and garlic added. The soup was OK but not great. But I do think I can doctor it and make it much better (just using a variety of herbs, garlic, and a bit more salt). But I love the fact that this is SO, SO easy to make, and I love tomato soup, so coming up with a good, low-fat tomato soup is a great thing. I'll definitely keep playing around with this, and try different brands of tomatoes and spices. Thanks for posting this!