Recipe by Claudia Wey
This is a "light" version of my Tomato Crème, without rice and with less fat. It is a delicious recipe that will guarantee secure success.
- 1 leek
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs tomatoes
- 8 cups water
- 4 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- crouton (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare some liquid vegetable stock (boil the water and add the vegetable stock cubes).
- Cut one leek and sauté in butter.
- Add sliced tomatoes, and stew for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the tomatoes often then add the liquid stock and cook slowly for 1 hour.
- Pass the soup through a sieve.
- Put in the casserole the soup, and boil it for an additional ½ hour.
- Remove the foam produced, if any.
- Few minutes before serve, whip 4 yolks and ½ cup of milk.
- Add 2-3 spoons of soup while mixing.
- Finally add the rest of the soup, while mixing and pass it through a sieve.
- Add salt, pepper, oil of olive.
- Serve it hot, and add croutons if you like.