Recipe by Rottmom
Fresh tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and yogurt make these biscuits light and delicious. Versatile, too. You could add chopped bacon, ham, chives, or even chile peppers. A recipe from Readers Digest, I'm putting here for safekeeping.
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomato, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F Lightly coat baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Drain chopped fresh tomato on paper towels.
- 2. In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. In small bowl combine yogurt and oil and stir into flour mixture until evenly moistened.
- 3. Stir fresh tomato, scallion, and sun-dried tomato into flour mixture. Drop dough, 1/4 cup at a time, onto prepared baking sheet, for total of 12 biscuits. 4. Bake until tops are golden brown, about 12 minutes. Serve warm.
- Serves 12.