Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Continuing my search for a really good tomato bread like I once had on a cruise ship... These aren't quite it, but they're very good nonetheless and are full of flavor!
- 3 cups baking mix
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce, Italian-flavored
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Prheat oven to 450°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl. Turn onto surface dusted with baking mix and knead 10 times.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with honey butter, made by combining 1/2 cup soft butter with 1/4 cup honey.