Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This hearty comforting soup is great for lunch on a cold winter day and light enough for a summer supper
- 2 cups beef stock (or vegetable)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes, undrained
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley, to garnish
- In large heavy saucepan combine stock, tomatoes, onions, green pepper and chili powder.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, breaking up tomatoes with back of spoon.
- Add kidney beans and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley.