Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Campbell's Kitchen recipe. It makes a very tasty side dish.
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 4 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- Mix soup, lemon juice, basil, garlic powder, zucchini, and onion in skillet.
- Heat to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 15 min.
First, I love the soup base because it reminds me of Campbell's condensed tomato soup with roasted garlic and herbs which they no longer make. Now add the zucchini into the mix and you got one heck of a good side dish! I used a slotted spoon to serve this so the extra sauce would drip back into the saucepan. Oh yes, I cooked this in a covered sauce pan. After I had spooned all the cooked zucchini out I added more onions and fresh zucchini back in the pan and cooked it again. I did add a little water the second time. I'll be making this often, thank you so much for posting it. Made for *Zaar Cookbook Tag July 2009* game