Recipe by Barb G.
This recipe is made with yogurt instead of milk or cream. With Tomatoes & basil in season this recipe makes a perfect summertime meal. Best served at room temperature, so it is great to bring along on a picnic. Recipe comes from Stonyfield Farm.
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
Perfect for a huge crop of tomatoes and basil. I used egg beaters instead of eggs and thus reduced the fat, calories and cholesterol and it came out tasty and was easy to put together. Thanks for posting.
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 6 eggs
- 8 roma tomatoes, sliced in halves,seeded (I have used other tomatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie crust
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the yogurt, eggs, 1/4 cup basil, black pepper, salt and Parmesan cheese; Beat well.
- Place crust into 9" tart pan or pie pan and trim of excess crust from edges, or crimp edges (flute); Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until a VERY light golden brown.
- Pour the mixture into the tart shell, top with tomato pieces,and sliced basil; sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese and bake 20-30 minutes or until cooked (the tart should be frim to the touch), Let cool 10 minutes before serving.