Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great salad dressing from America's Test Kitchen. I usually mix mine in a food processor, chopping the scallions and garlic first then adding the tomato and basil and finally the liquids and salt and pepper.
- 3⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large ripe tomatoes, cored, seeded, and chipped fine
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4 scallions, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Shake all of the ingredients together in a jar with a tight fitting lid (or mix in food processor as described above).
- The dressing can be refrigerated for up to 3 days; bring to room temperature then shake vigorously to recombine before using.
Loved this! I added more spices to it - including hot pepper flakes and extra garlic. (But it certainly does make a lot of dressing, so consider making only half of the recipe if you have a small household.)
This vinaigrette is wonderful. The basil is so fresh and the red wine vinegar gives it a nice kick.