Recipe by **Mandy**
I'd never used ground turkey before but saw this recipe in Recipes + and was itching to try it. These burgers are so easy & so full of flavour, you can use any flavour gourmet chunky dip, I used a mixture of the red pepper & basil ones. In Australia these dips are made by Wattle Valley and a few other companies, I'm not sure of the availability overseas but Basil, Parmesan and Cashew Dip or something similar could be used as the dip addition.
Top Review by seesko
Unfortunatly, I could not make this recipe as stated. I could not find the basil, parmasean flavored veggie dip. So, isntead I used dill flavored veggie dip. I know this changed the flavor. However, this is still a great recipe. The burgers were moist and full of flavor. Everyone enjoyed them. Thanks Mandy. Made for Bevy tag 2008.
- 500 g ground turkey
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 150 g gourmet vegetable dip (Spicy tomato & Basil with cashew & parmesan flavoured)
- 4 hamburger buns, split & toasted
- rocket or spinach leaves
- tomatoes, slices
- red onion, slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine mince, breadcrumbs, egg and dip together in a mixing bowl, season with salt & pepper.
- Shape into 4 large flat patties, cover & chill for 20 minutes.
- Heat a barbeque or non-stick frypan over moderate heat, cook for 3-4 mins each side or until tender but still moist.
- Stack patties on toasted buns (smeared with mayo if using) with greens, tomato & onion.
- Dollop with extra dip & serve.