- 8 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (or 2 teaspoons dried basil)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together first 8 ingredients; cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Arrange bread slices on a baking sheet; lightly coat with cooking spray.
- Bake at 425 F for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Spoon tomato mixture over baguette slices; sprinkle with chopped basil.
- Serve immediately.