1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 25 mins
this is definately worth the time and effort!! Beautiful presentation, cut into 6 or 8 wedges, or cut into small pieces for appetizers. from Janet Neyrinck through Cooking light mag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough
- cooking spray
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (3 oz)
- 2/3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1Preheat oven to 425f degrees.
- 2Unroll dough, separating into stirps.
- 3Working on a flat surface, coil 1 strip dough around itself in a sprial pattern.
- 4Add second strip of dough to end of the first strip, pinching ends to seal, continue coiling remaining dough.
- 5Let rest 10 minutes.
- 6Roll dough into 12 inch circle, fit into bottom and up sides of 9 inch round removable bottom tart pan coated with cooking spray.
- 7Cover dough with foil, arrange pie weights or dried beans on foil.
- 8Bake at 425f degrees for 15 minutes, remove weights and foil.
- 9Bake an additional 5 minutes or until edges are ligfhtly browned.
- 10Reduce oven temperature to 350f degrees.
- 11Core and slice tomatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- 12Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, place tomato slices, salt sides down, on serveral layers of paper towel.
- 13Cover with additional paper towels.
- 14Let stand 10 minutes, pressing down occasionally.
- 15Place basil, cheese, pepper and egg whites in blender or food processor, process until smooth.
- 16Spread cheese mixture over crust.
- 17Arrange tomato slices over cheese mixture, brush with olive oil.
- 18Bake at 350f degrees for 40 minutes or until cheese mixture is set.
- 19Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 20Can be served hot, room temperature or cold.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Basil Tart
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.9
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 907.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 12.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
refrigerated breadstick dough
fat-free ricotta cheese