Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a recipe I found in BHG magazine. It is so simple, refreshing and recognizable for most people! It is basically a hot artichoke dip recipe with tomatoes and basil added. You can leave the crust out and just mix all the ingredients and bake and serve as a dip for a lower carb option. Great light summer fair! I haved served it as a main dish and cut smaller slivers as an appetizer. It works well for brunch menus to. Enjoy!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, cut up
- 2 -3 fresh tomatoes, skinned and diced (I use Romas because I like their meatiness)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade cut
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise, adjust amount to personal taste
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese (I like to use the coarse grated)
- 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- Press pie crust into a pie pan or quiche dish. Sprinkle 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese over the crust.
- In a bowl mix the artichokes, tomatoes, basil, mayo, parmesan and the rest of the mozzarella cheese.
- Pour into your prepared pie crust and bake at 350 degrees for 25 min or until browned and bubbly. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting.