Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A great side dish for fish or chicken.
- 6 slices bread, toasted and cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 green onion, thin sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Combine bread, tomatoes, onion, and cheese in a large bowl and set aside.
- Spray a 2 qt baking dish with Pam or equivalent.
- Spoon bread mixture into dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, melted butter, basil, garlic salt, and pepper, and pour over bread mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Made this to serve with grilled chicken, and it was sooo good! I used a couple of tomatoes fresh from my uncles garden. I had a small zucchini that I chopped up and threw in! This one will be made again and again by this cook! Thanks for posting this Teri!
This is very good! We didn't have time to toast the bread, but no worries: it came out great! I used canned chopped tomatoes and drained them before I added it to the dish. I used some leftover mozzarella and provolone mix. We made this as a main dish for dinner... Thanks again!