Recipe by Terri F.
A great side dish for fish or chicken.
Top Review by yooper
Made this to serve with grilled chicken, and it was sooo good! I used a couple of tomatoes fresh from my uncles garden. I had a small zucchini that I chopped up and threw in! This one will be made again and again by this cook! Thanks for posting this Teri!
- 6 slices bread, toasted and cubed
- 2 large tomatoes, chopped (2 cups)
- 1 green onion, thin sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Combine bread, tomatoes, onion, and cheese in a large bowl and set aside.
- Spray a 2 qt baking dish with Pam or equivalent.
- Spoon bread mixture into dish.
- Combine eggs, milk, melted butter, basil, garlic salt, and pepper, and pour over bread mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.