Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
350 Best Vegan Recipes Serves 4
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole tomatoes with juice
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups tomato marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- In a saucepan sauté onion in oil. Add tomatoes and juice, broth, marinara sauce, salt and pepper.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly. Stir in ½ of the basil.
- Transfer soup to food processor or blender and puree. Return to saucepan and adjust seasonings.
- Turn heat to low. Chiffonade the remaining basil leaves. Serve soup hot, topped with basil and pine nuts.