1/4 Photos of Tomato Basil Soup
This is one of my favorite soup recipes, especially in the fall when it's just getting crisp and cool outside. However, it's also great in the summer when my basil is going nuts (like it is right now!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat.
- 2Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 10 minutes -- be careful not to burn garlic.
- 3Add the tomatoes and the stock.
- 4Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- 5Cook until soup is slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
- 6Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Stir in the basil.
- 8Place the pot of soup directly in sink, and using a stick blender, blend until smooth.
- 9Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Basil Soup
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.9
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: