Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from my wife's Simple & Delicious mag. and wanted to pass it on because they were so good. Real easy to make. I saved some of the marinade and brushed it on the shrimp as they cook. Hope you like it as much as I did.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a large Zip-Lock bag combine the first 6 ingredients, then add shrimp.
- Seal bag and turn to coat shrimp and refrigerate for 30min.
- Drain marinade from bag and thread shrimp onto metal or wooden skewers.
- Grill covered over medium heat for 3 - 5 min on each side or until shrimp turn pink.
I am the one who won the recipe contest in S&D magazine with these shrimp. I am glad to see everyone loves them as much as we do. Dad Cooks, I noticed you left out the 1/2 teaspoon salt-was that on purpose or did you miss it in the ingredients?
I saw this in S&D magazine as well, and couldn't wait to try it. Very good, the flavors are wonderful and do not overpower the shrimp taste.
This is my very favorite shrimp recipe so far and my DH says it's his too! I found this on allcooks.com and was actually about to post this one but found yours already here. I used "fresh" basil in a jar and kept the 2 tbs measure. I also used 1/4 cup ketchup instead of tomato sauce. These really are phenomenal and would be good in a salad, as an appetizer, or even over pasta with butter and garlic. We had them straight up all by themselves and they were perfect that way!