Recipe by Dad_Cooks
I got this recipe from my wife's Simple & Delicious mag. and wanted to pass it on because they were so good. Real easy to make. I saved some of the marinade and brushed it on the shrimp as they cook. Hope you like it as much as I did.
Top Review by bad kitty 1116
I am the one who won the recipe contest in S&D magazine with these shrimp. I am glad to see everyone loves them as much as we do. Dad Cooks, I noticed you left out the 1/2 teaspoon salt-was that on purpose or did you miss it in the ingredients?
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large Zip-Lock bag combine the first 6 ingredients, then add shrimp.
- Seal bag and turn to coat shrimp and refrigerate for 30min.
- Drain marinade from bag and thread shrimp onto metal or wooden skewers.
- Grill covered over medium heat for 3 - 5 min on each side or until shrimp turn pink.