Recipe by Patty Mae
Here’s another tasty dish I concocted after having something similar at a restaurant. I usually serve it with a Caesar salad. Prep time does not include time for marinating chicken.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 8 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup sauterne white wine
- salt and pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken breast halves with salt and pepper.
- Combine sauterne, basil, tomatoes, and chicken and place in a shallow dish.
- Cover dish and marinate for several hours or overnight in refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, remove chicken from marinade and set aside; reserve marinade for the sauce.
- Sauté chopped onion in 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Add garlic and sauté another minute.
- Add reserved marinade. Bring up to a boil and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Keep sauce warm while grilling chicken.
- Grill chicken over hot coals until done.
- While the chicken is grilling, boil the fettuccine as directed on package.
- Drain the fettuccine and toss with the butter and remaining olive oil.
- Place the fettuccine on a serving dish.
- Arrange the grilled chicken breasts over the fettuccine and top with the sauce.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.