Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful simple salad filled with the flavors of summer. It tastes like the topping for classic bruchetta.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup fresh basil, torn
- 1⁄4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- Combine all ingredients and allow to blend for 20 minutes.
- Delicious on its own or served on a bed of lettuce. Also good on crunchy bread or crackers.
Delicious way to prepare tomatoes. We used fresh ripe tomatoes from the farmers market and a garlic and herb goat cheese. It was hard to stop eating it. The cheese is soft and creates a sort of sauce with the tomato juices so it isn't pretty but don't let that stop you.
I made this for a 4th of July party and everyone loved it! They all wanted the recipe.
This salad is gorgeous and delicious! I used home-grown tomatoes (well, my brother grew them anyway!) which just made it that much better I'm sure. I devoured this on its own (and on my own!) Thank you for the wonderful recipe!