Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from The New American Heart Association Cookbook. Low fat, low calories, great taste...what's not to love! I usually add more cheese. Refrigerate the tomatoes for at least an hour before serving to let them soak in all that wonderful dressing!
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 29.58 ml fresh basil, chopped or
- 9.85 ml dried basil, crumbled
- 29.58 ml balsamic vinegar
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 29.58 ml mozzarella cheese
- 9.85 ml parmesan cheese
- For salad, arrange tomato slices on a large plate or platter. Sprinkle with basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Refreshing dressing. I love balsamic with basil and then add fresh roma tomatoes right from the garden - Perfect side salad
There can't possibly be a better way to enjoy fresh, garden tomatoes and basil! The only thing I changed was the number of tomatoes, since mine were very small. A perfect recipe.