Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this recipe from The New American Heart Association Cookbook. Low fat, low calories, great taste...what's not to love! I usually add more cheese. Refrigerate the tomatoes for at least an hour before serving to let them soak in all that wonderful dressing!
- 4 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped or
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- For salad, arrange tomato slices on a large plate or platter. Sprinkle with basil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Refreshing dressing. I love balsamic with basil and then add fresh roma tomatoes right from the garden - Perfect side salad
There can't possibly be a better way to enjoy fresh, garden tomatoes and basil! The only thing I changed was the number of tomatoes, since mine were very small. A perfect recipe.