Recipe by Tryntje
A glut of tomatoes on hand. What could be easier, and made according to your own taste buds too.
Top Review by Missy Wombat
The balsamic vinegar is what makes this. I did not marinate for this long as I live in the tropics where we have a good 15-20 degrees on most of the rest of the world. A bit of mozzarella and crusty bread rolls go well with this too.
- 2 -4 tomatoes, about one per serving,depending on size
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf
- 1 clove garlic, minced (to taste)
- balsamic vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tomatoes in quarters or eighths, depending on size.
- Roughly chop basil and place in glass container.
- Add garlic.
- Mix together thoroughly balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- (A couple of tbsp of each), and pour over basil-garlic mix.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly and marinate at room temperature for 6-8 hours.
- Do not refrigerate before serving.