1/1 Photo of Tomato-Basil Quiche With Goat Cheese
1 hr 10 mins
Spice Boy's Note:
I alwaysmake this for brunch parties, and everybody seems to love it. I get a lot of requests for the recipe, so now I can give my friends & family the RZ link. I use a frozen pie crust to keep it easy, but it would be even better with your favorite home-made pie crust. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blind-bake the pie shell according to package directions (approximately 12 - 15 minutes at 375 for the type I use. I also use pie weights to keep the crust from puffing.) Set crust aside to cool for approximately 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, slice the Roma tomato thinly and let it sit on a paper towel to draw out some liquid. Chiffonade the basil leaves (i.e., roll them up and slice them into thin strands.).
- 3Crumble the goat cheese into the warm pie shell, distributing it evenly over the bottom. It’s okay if it begins to melt a bit.
- 4Layer the tomato slices in one layer over the goat cheese. Sprinkle the basil leaves over the top evenly. Top with a dash of nutmeg and some salt and pepper.
- 5Whisk the eggs with the half and half thoroughly. Pour the egg mixture into the pie shell carefully. (I like to do this when the pan in on the oven rack to avoid any spillage.).
- 6Bake at 325 for 40 - 50 minutes, until the top is slightly puffed and lightly browned. Keep an eye on the crust - halfway through baking (or even earlier) you'll need to use a pie-guard or tin foil to cover the crust so it doesn't get too brown. Allow the quiche to cool a bit before serving. It is best slightly warm, but not hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Basil Quiche With Goat Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.8
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 96.1 mg
- Sodium 162.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: