Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A very simple recipe with complex flavors. The Tomato, Basil, Gruyere, and Dijon are fantastic together.
- 9 inch unbaked pie shells
- 236.59 ml gruyere cheese
- 3 ripe sliced tomatoes
- fresh big leaf basil
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper (optional)
- 4 eggs
- 118.29 ml light cream
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- Spread Mustard in the bottom of the Pie crust.
- Place fresh Basil over mustard enough to cover bottom
- Spread slices of Gruyere cheese over Basil.
- Spread Tomatoes over Cheese.
- In a separate bowel beat eggs and cream, then pour over tomatoes.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Bake at 350-375 for 45mins or until eggs and crust look done
- Let rest 15 mins before cutting.