Recipe by TGirl,RN
These Italian style pork chops are moist, tender, and delicious. Serve with a tossed salad and garlic bread for an impressive dinner that you're sure to enjoy!
Top Review by Mermaid
Great recipe!! I botched it the first time, but I'm so glad I tried it again. Made exactly as stated, but I found my chops cooked in about 35-40 minutes (The first time they burned after 45 minutes). Thanks for posting!!! I will be making this again soon...
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 8 pork chops, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet or Dutch oven, melt butter.
- Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Brown pork chops on both sides, then add tomatoes, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and cook over low-medium heat until pork chops are cooked through and tender (about 50 minutes).
- Remove pork chops from pan and keep warm.
- In small bowl, combine water and cornstarch, then pour into hot cooking liquid.
- Add onions and green peppers, cooking over medium-high heat for 5-6 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Place pork chops on serving platter or dinner plates and pour sauce over the top, garnishing with fresh basil if desired, and serve.