Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great appetizer that is always a hit!
Make and share this Tomato Basil Pizza Squares recipe from Food.com.
- 1 refrigerated pizza crust
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise (no miracle whip)
- 2 crushed garlic cloves (or more based on preference)
- 6 -8 roma tomatoes (thinly sliced)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread pizza dough on cookie sheet.
- Mix together 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, basil, mayonnaise, and garlic.
- Spread cheese mixture evenly over pizza crust.
- Arrange thinly sliced tomatoes over top of cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese over top.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until top is golden brown & bubbley.
- Let cool 5 minutes and cut into squares.
I used a homemade pizza dough, so was unsure of the size of this compared to the ratio of other ingredients....however I did a pretty good estimate!!!
I only put the fresh tomato on half of it (just for DH).
We really enjoyed this, and it made a real change not to have tomato sauce as a base for something like this.
A good appetizer recipe!!
Made for PAC OCT 2012.