Prep 2 mins
Cook 4 mins
Here is a quick and easy-to-make snack for the kids.
Make and share this Tomato Basil Pizza Snack recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 whole wheat English muffin
- 2 tablespoons no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons tomatoes, diced
- Preheat broiler.
- Place English muffin on a small baking sheet.
- Spread tomato sauce over top of muffin.
- Top with cheese.
- Sprinkle fresh basil and tomato on top.
- Broil until cheese is brown and sauce is bubbly.
- Serve immediately.
I used a whole wholegrain muffin split for the DM for her supper but only used the following quantities between the two 3 teaspoons tomato sauce (flavoured with fresh finely chopped sweet basil and garlic paste), 3 tablespoons chopped tomatoes (used baby grape tomatoes) and divided the 5 tablespoons cheese (using a blend of mozzarella and cheddar and parmesan) and put half on the bottom and the other half on top and put under the grill/broiler for about 4 minutes for a delicious pizza that the DM thoroughly enjoyed. Thank You Charlotte J, made for Please Review My Recipe.