Recipe by Tish
This is a simple pizza sauce. If you grow fresh plum tomatoes use about 2 cups of them chopped in place of the canned tomatoes.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, coarsely chopped or 2 teaspoons dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in medium saucepan over a medium heat until hot.
- Add garlic; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring and mashing tomatoes with potato masher until crushed.
- Stir in basil.
- Place in small bowl; cool to room temperature This sauce may be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated or up to 2 months ahead and frozen.