1/1 Photo of Tomato Basil Pizza Sauce
This is a simple pizza sauce. If you grow fresh plum tomatoes use about 2 cups of them chopped in place of the canned tomatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in medium saucepan over a medium heat until hot.
- 2Add garlic; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- 3Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring and mashing tomatoes with potato masher until crushed.
- 4Stir in basil.
- 5Place in small bowl; cool to room temperature This sauce may be made up to 3 days ahead and refrigerated or up to 2 months ahead and frozen.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Basil Pizza Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 204.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 603.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 4.2 g