Recipe by Cindi in South Florida
Simple and quick...An absolutely deliciously layered cheesey savory pie. This is a pie that is requested at every single family function we have. I got the recipe from my friend at work and ever since the first time I've made it, it has become one of the most requested dishes at all holiday dinners.
- 1 ready-made pie crust
- 3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- parmesan cheese
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 20 fresh large basil leaves
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake a pre-made crust in pan for about 10 minutes according to the directions on the package.
- Spread 1 and 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese on bottom of crust to create the first layer.
- Sprinkle parmasean cheese on the mozzarella cheese layer.
- Place about 8 basil leaves over the cheese to form a layer of basil leaves.
- Place thinly sliced tomato slices on top of the basil leaves to form the next layer.
- Repeat layering again ,,, cheese, cheese, basil, tomatoes.
- Now, in a small bowl mix 3/4 cup of mayonaise with 1/2 cup of parmasean cheese, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, and 2 basil leaves torn into small pieces.
- Mix the mayo mixture well until it forms a paste.
- Spread the paste over the top of the pie.
- This forms the top layer.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for approximately 45 minutes.
- The top should be golden browned cheese.
- Before cutting, let the pie cool for about 15 minutes.