Recipe by Judikins
From our local paper this came at a great time since our tomatoes are producing abundantly as is the basil. We found it delicious; hope you do too.
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells
- 4 tomatoes, peeled, cored and sliced
- 8 -10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Line deep pie dish with pastry and bake according to package or recipe directions.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Arrange tomato slices in crust, overlapping. Add basil and onion, then sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix cheeses and mayonnaise.
- Spread over tomatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool about 10 minutes before slicing.