1/3 Photos of Tomato-Basil Pasta Salad
This is an easy but tasty recipe for summer. It's great for those ripe tomatoes you have in your garden.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 1/2 cups ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces fusilli or 12 ounces your favorite pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, cut into thin strips
- 1Put tomatoes, onion, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano in a large bowl; toss.
- 2Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes or until tomatoes release their juices, tossing occasionally.
- 3Cook pasta as package directs.
- 4Drain and add to bowl with tomatoes; lightly toss.
- 5Let come to room temperature.
- 6Add basil; toss.
- 7Serve or refrigerate up to 1 day.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Basil Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.0
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 152.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 6.5 g