- 3 1⁄2 cups ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 12 ounces fusilli or 12 ounces your favorite pasta
- 1 cup fresh basil leaf, cut into thin strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Put tomatoes, onion, olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper and oregano in a large bowl; toss.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 30 minutes or until tomatoes release their juices, tossing occasionally.
- Cook pasta as package directs.
- Drain and add to bowl with tomatoes; lightly toss.
- Let come to room temperature.
- Add basil; toss.
- Serve or refrigerate up to 1 day.