Recipe by Cathleen Colbert
from Family Circle. If you don't have white balsamic, use regular.
Top Review by NewAussieMum
We loved this recipe! Really makes the most of yummy fresh summer ingredients. Very simple and quick to make. I used bacon instead of prosciutto as it's what I had on hand - I'm sure it would be better as written but the bacon still tasted good. This one is definitely for the permanent recipe book!
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 ounces sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, halved
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup packed fresh basil, cleaned and chiffonaded
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare penne according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and prisciutto to skillet and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and cook until just softened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Stir in olives, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add tomato mixture and basil to pasta and toss.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts.
- To toast pine nuts, heat in a small skillet over medium heat, tossing frequently, until slightly golden.