Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
from Family Circle. If you don't have white balsamic, use regular.
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 ounces sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive, halved
- 3 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄3 cup packed fresh basil, cleaned and chiffonaded
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- Prepare penne according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and prisciutto to skillet and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and cook until just softened, about 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Stir in olives, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Drain pasta and transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add tomato mixture and basil to pasta and toss.
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts.
- To toast pine nuts, heat in a small skillet over medium heat, tossing frequently, until slightly golden.
We loved this recipe! Really makes the most of yummy fresh summer ingredients. Very simple and quick to make. I used bacon instead of prosciutto as it's what I had on hand - I'm sure it would be better as written but the bacon still tasted good. This one is definitely for the permanent recipe book!