Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy, summer pasta dish with a no-cook sauce featuring fresh tomatoes and basil. For a variation you can add your favorite cheese at the table. Both feta and parmesan would work well.
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 ounces linguine
- 4 quarts water
- salt and pepper
- Mix first three ingredients in a bowl. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. Let stand at room temperature for about 1 hour. The tomatoes will release their juice and the flavors will blend, creating a sauce.
- About 15 minutes before you are ready to serve bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add linguine to the boiling water. Return to a boil; cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes.
- When pasta has finished cooking drain thoroughly and add tomato mixture. Serve immediately.
This is so simple and so delicious. I sprinkled parmesan over the pasta and added a little julienned basil. Great meal for those hot summer days when you don't want to cook.