Recipe by Jean R
An easy, summer pasta dish with a no-cook sauce featuring fresh tomatoes and basil. For a variation you can add your favorite cheese at the table. Both feta and parmesan would work well.
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 12 ounces linguine
- 4 quarts water
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first three ingredients in a bowl. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. Let stand at room temperature for about 1 hour. The tomatoes will release their juice and the flavors will blend, creating a sauce.
- About 15 minutes before you are ready to serve bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large pot.
- Add linguine to the boiling water. Return to a boil; cook uncovered for 10-12 minutes.
- When pasta has finished cooking drain thoroughly and add tomato mixture. Serve immediately.