Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, add salt, and mix with a wire whisk.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan, and then add the egg mixture. tip the pan to let the eggs cover the whole bottom of the pan.
- Cook until the underside is lightly brown, and then scatter the tomato and basil over the omelet.
- Lift one side of the omelet with a spatula and fold it in half, then reduce the heat and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Use a spatula to slide the omelet onto a plate and serve!
This was a very good base recipe. I only used 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter. I was a bit confused by the butter called for in the recipe. I added shredded mozzarella cheese to the omelet, sprinkling it on first, then adding the tomato and basil. This made for a very good lunch for my boys and myself.