Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I was clearing out all the supermarket recipe leaflets and cards and all the cut out recipes that kept piling up in my kitchen. I thought I'd post the ones that I liked the look and sound of here, to share and for future reference. This way you might find something you like and my kitchen gets decluttered! If you try it before me let me know what you think. This is from Tesco's 'Food Club' magazine.
- 9 ounces self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces gruyere, grated
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, cut into small pieces
- 20 large basil leaves, chopped
- 1⁄4 pint skim milk
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/ Gas 5.
- In a large bowl mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the cheese, tomato and basil.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs, milk and oil together.
- Beat the wet ingredients into the dry mix until well blended.
- Spoon into a greased 9 hole muffin tin and bake for 20-25 minutes, until a wooden skewer comes out clean and the muffins are golden.
- Rest for five minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.