Recipe by Red Lab No.27
Tomato, basil, and fresh mozzarella make a great combination. These appetizers are always a hit at parties. Super refreshing and so easy to ‘pop’ in your mouth. Make these Poppers as they’re guaranteed to be a hit! If you’d like to see additional photos/tips check this recipe out on my blog: http://redlab27.alissahebert.com/2011/06/tomato-basil-mozzarella-appetizers.html
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- 1 (8 ounce) container bocconcini (fresh mozzarella)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Note: Before beginning, you will need long toothpicks for this recipe. Sandwich or cocktail sized toothpicks work best.
- Drain water from cheese tub and cut cheese balls in half (or to preferred size).
- Assemble in this order on the toothpick: tomato, basil leaf (folded in half & pierced through middle), bocconcini.
- In a small bowl combine olive oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Use a spoon or cooking brush to lightly drizzle or brush olive mixture onto the assembled poppers.
- Refrigerate and serve cold.