Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
my friend and I whipped this up the other night, it was very tasty!
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) canwhole peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 (1 lb) packagesteamed lentils (trader joe's carries this)
- 2⁄3 cup slivered fresh basil
- Chop the onion and fry in the oil in a soup pot until translucent.
- Add the chicken broth and the can of tomatoes. Simmer for ~20 min until the tomatoes are breaking down.
- Add the lentils and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped basil, season to taste if desired, and serve.