Recipe by Tish
Found this great recipe in "Cooking Light". Just goes to prove you can have a fattening meal without so much fat!
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 (16 ounce) carton1% low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup block-style fat free cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh romano cheese, grated & divided
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 (26 ounce) bottletomato-basil pasta sauce (such as Muir Glen)
- cooking spray
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 cup chopped prosciutto or 1 cup ham
- 1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drop garlic through food chute with food processor on, and process until minced.
- Add cottage cheese; process 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Add cream cheese, 2 tablespoons Romano, basil, pepper, and egg; process until well-blended.
- Spread 1/2 cup pasta sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange 3 noodles over the pasta sauce; top with 1 cup cheese mixture, 1/3 cup prosciutto, and 3/4 cup pasta sauce.
- Repeat the layers two times, ending with noodles.
- Spread remaining pasta sauce over noodles.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Romano and mozzarella.
- Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Let lasagna stand 5 minutes.
- *Freezinginstructions: After assembling the lasagna, cover and freeze for up to 1 month.
- Thaw in refrigerator; bake as directed.