1/3 Photos of Tomato-Basil Jam
Iron Bloomers's Note:
From a BH&G canning cookbook. Serve this on warm crusty bread as appetizer or as a go-along with salad or soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash tomatoes; remove peel, stem ends, cores and seeds.
- 2Finely chop tomatoes. Measure 3 1/2 cups.
- 3Place tomatoes in 6-quart kettle and heat to boiling; reduce heat, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- 4Measure again--3 1/2 cups and return to pan.
- 5Add lemon juice and basil.
- 6Combine 1/4 cup of the sugar with the pectin; stir into tomatoes.
- 7Heat to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- 8Stir in the remaining 2 3/4 cups sugar; return to a full rolling boil.
- 9Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 10Remove from heat and skim foam with a metal spoon.
- 11ladle into hot, sterile jars, leave 1/4 in head space; wipe rim, adjust lids and process in boiling water bath 5 minutes.
- 12Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato-Basil Jam
Serving Size: 1 (1861 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 495.8
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 127.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 114.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g