Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
This brings new meaning to "Easy Weeknight Dinner." On the table in under 10 minutes. A nice salad with balsamic would be great on the side.
- 1 (16 ounce) package gnocchi
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (onion & garlic)
- 1 cup fresh basil, torn
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- Cook gnocchi according to box directions.
- In a saucepan, heat diced tomatoes and garlic.
- Add basil and heat until wilted.
- You can either spoon this over the gnocchi, or mix the two together in the pan, as I prefer to do.
- Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Note: Can also add mushrooms, diced chicken, anything else you like. It's so quick to make, it'll be easy to experiment with it next time you make it! :-).
Too boring for my taste. Might make a good starter, maybe toss in some Italian sausage, green peppers, parmesan cheese, etc.
I did not have canned tomatoes on hand so I used 2 cups diced fresh tomatoes, 1/4 c red onion and 2 cloves garlic. Sauted the onions and garlic in olive oil added the tomatoes and basil, simmered for 5 minutes. GREAT!!!