Recipe by Bone Man
This is sort of a spin on pizza bread, using commercial frozen garlic bread as a base. Fast and easy. Enjoy!
- 1 loaf frozen garlic bread
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts, canned
- 6 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain, but do not rinse, the artichoke hearts (I use Polar brand). Roughly chop them into quarters.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the artichokes, basil, and all seasonings. Set aside.
- Open the garlic bread and bake it on a sheet pan, (usually at 375-400 degrees F. in a pre-heated oven), until it is warm through but not browned. This should take about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the garlic bread from the oven and spread on the artichoke/tomato/basil blend evenly on all parts of the bread. Then, sprinkle on the mozzarella cheese evenly over the top.
- Return the bread to the oven and allow it to continue to bake until the cheese melts and browns just slightly, (about 5-8 minutes).
- Remove the bread from the oven, cut into pieces, and serve hot.