Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Developed through experimentation. This dish is a family favorite when craving a pasta dish yet looking for a lite touch.
- 2 lbs vine ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup of diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 -5 leaves fresh basil, rolled and sliced
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1⁄4 lb prosciutto, rolled and thin sliced
- 2 -3 links sweet Italian sausage links, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb fresh angel hair pasta
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Prepare Tomatoes: Boil a large pot of water and prepare a bowl of ice water.
- Cut an X in the bottom of each vine ripe totmatoe.
- Place in boiling water for 30 seconds or until skin begins to peel back.
- Immediately remove and place in ice water.
- When all tomatoes are prepare, remove skins, core, cut each in half, and squeeze to remove seeds and pulp.
- Coarse chop tomatoes and set aside.
- In a large saute pan or skillet brown sausage and prosciutto.
- Add onions and galic and saute until onions begin to appear translucent.
- Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup of white wine and allow to reduce until liquid is almost gone.
- Add tomatoes and herbs and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
- About 15 minutes before done add a generous amount of parmesan cheese to help thicken and flavor sauce.
- Prepare Angel Hair Pasta per directions cook until al dente.
- Drain and add to sauce, mix and transfer to large pasta bowl.
- Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
this was very good. I made it with canned, fire-roasted tomatoes and a sweet turkey sausage. I would definitely make this again. Thanks