1 hr 5 mins
Mike Marek's Note:
Developed through experimentation. This dish is a family favorite when craving a pasta dish yet looking for a lite touch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs vine ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup of diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 -5 leaves fresh basil, rolled and sliced
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- 1/4 lb prosciutto, rolled and thin sliced
- 2 -3 links sweet Italian sausage links, crumbled
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb fresh angel hair pasta
- 1 pinch chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1Prepare Tomatoes: Boil a large pot of water and prepare a bowl of ice water.
- 2Cut an X in the bottom of each vine ripe totmatoe.
- 3Place in boiling water for 30 seconds or until skin begins to peel back.
- 4Immediately remove and place in ice water.
- 5When all tomatoes are prepare, remove skins, core, cut each in half, and squeeze to remove seeds and pulp.
- 6Coarse chop tomatoes and set aside.
- 7In a large saute pan or skillet brown sausage and prosciutto.
- 8Add onions and galic and saute until onions begin to appear translucent.
- 9Deglaze pan with 1/4 cup of white wine and allow to reduce until liquid is almost gone.
- 10Add tomatoes and herbs and allow to simmer for 45 minutes.
- 11About 15 minutes before done add a generous amount of parmesan cheese to help thicken and flavor sauce.
- 12Prepare Angel Hair Pasta per directions cook until al dente.
- 13Drain and add to sauce, mix and transfer to large pasta bowl.
- 14Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato, Basil, Garlic and Meat Sauce With Angel Hair Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.7
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 23.6 mg
- Sodium 520.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 100.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 25.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: