Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Quick and easy, a family favorite from Taste of Home 2/11/2002. We usually enjoy this dish with Italian sausage patties and a green salad. Time is guesstimate, according to how you like your pasta.
Top Review by my3beachbabes
This was super easy to put together, great for a late night meal! It was delicious and I will be making this again! I was thinking about adding some garlic next time... I made this for ZWT 4. Thanks for sharing this recipe!!
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili pepper flakes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large non-stick skillet, sauté onion and red pepper flakes in butter until onion is tender.
- Add tomatoes and salt; cook, stirring over medium-high heat until most of the liquid has evaporated. Remove from heat; let stand for 1 minute. Gradually whisk in milk.
- Place fettuccine in a large bowl, add the basil, Parmesan Cheese and tomato mixture; toss to coat.
- All that remains is for you to enjoy!