1/1 Photo of Tomato Basil Cucumber Salad With Feta Cheese and Brown Rice
Simply Fresh Cooking's Note:
This salad makes a delicious light dinner, and the basil is what really makes the dish great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups long grain brown rice
- 1 cucumber, de-seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces (peel the skin if desired)
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1Bring a large pot of water to a boil (about 4 quarts). Add rice and boil for 30-40 minutes, or until rice is tender. Drain and rinse rice under cold water.
- 2In a large bowl add cooked rice, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, basil, and parsley; set aside.
- 3In a small mixing bowl add the juice of the lemon (discarding any seeds), vinegar, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking to make the dressing.
- 4Pour dressing mixture over rice bowl and combine. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tomato Basil Cucumber Salad With Feta Cheese and Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.3
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 35.7 mg
- Sodium 505.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 10.4 g