This salad makes a delicious light dinner, and the basil is what really makes the dish great!
Make and share this Tomato Basil Cucumber Salad With Feta Cheese and Brown Rice recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain brown rice
- 1 cucumber, de-seeded and cut into bite-sized pieces (peel the skin if desired)
- 2 large tomatoes, cubed
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup basil, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil (about 4 quarts). Add rice and boil for 30-40 minutes, or until rice is tender. Drain and rinse rice under cold water.
- In a large bowl add cooked rice, cucumber, tomatoes, feta, basil, and parsley; set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl add the juice of the lemon (discarding any seeds), vinegar, salt, and pepper. Slowly pour in the olive oil while whisking to make the dressing.
- Pour dressing mixture over rice bowl and combine. Serve immediately or chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Absolutely delicious. I substituted the plain brown rice with a much healthier quinoa wild rice medley mix I found so it was super healthy. I also used tomato and basil flavored Feta I found and it really added a nice touch. All said, I would make this many times over. My picky husband even liked it.
A good cold salad that everyone enjoyed.