Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "The South Beach Diet" copyright 2003. Phase two recipe. Adapted to serve 3.
- 3⁄4 cup cooked couscous
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup chickpeas, drained & rinsed (canned)
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Combine couscous, tomato, chickpeas, scallions, oil, lemon juice, and basil in a bowl.
- Toss and serve on a bed of lettuce.
This is a great recipe. While the couscous was in the boiling chicken stock, I prepared the remaining ingredients. The basil and tomatoes added a fresh taste to the couscous and chickpeas. DH liked this a lot. Thanks WendyMaq :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game