Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in Taste of Home's Cooking for 2 magizing summer 2006 edition. I changed a few things to work for my family. I am a very picky eater and I love this. This recipe is very flavorful and moist and not salty at all. It only got a couple of bad reviews because someone is mad at me for giving another recipe a 2 star rating.
- 24 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups uncooked spiral shaped pasta
- 1 (19 ounce) can tomato soup with basil
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Coat each piece of chicken in egg and then flour mixture.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spary.
- Brown chicken over medium heat and then drain all liquid from the pan.
- Cook pasta as directed on package.
- Pour soup over chicken and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 5-7 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Serve chicken over pasta and top with extra sauce. I also like to put a little fresh basil and parmesan cheese on mine.
I was looking for a quick weeknight dinner and found this recipe. I decided to try this recipe because I was intrigued by the chef's accusations of a "revenge rating". It looked quick and easy, and my family loves Italian flavors. I am sorry Ms. Passaro but this recipe failed my family's taste test. My teenage twin sons (who devour anything) were not impressed. I used a low sodium version of the soup because we follow a low sodium diet for my DH%u2019s blood pressure and it seemed a bit bland. I may try a sauce with fresh tomatoes to remove the "processed" aspect%u2014but that would take away the convenience. I guess this was just not for our tastes.
I love the flavors of tomato and basil but this recipe was not very flavorful. I am also a picky eater and I am not a fan of canned soups as they are often too salty. I may try this again with a low sodium soup.
My family did not enjoy this recipe at all. It was very bland and the chicken seemed dry even with the sauce. Not something we would make again as it was just OK.